Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What I Found In My Desk-

Last week the boys and girls were using a poem by the very funny poet, Bruce Lansky as a mentor text. We read and looked at the way Bruce Lansky writes poetry, usually from personal experiences that he then makes funny.
The girls and boys then brainstormed and wrote their own version of the very funny poem.
They are posted on the right hand side bar for reading. Hope you enjoy!


Here is the original poem, you can compare it to the student's work.


What I Found in My Desk
by Bruce Lansky




A ripe peach with an ugly bruise,


a pair of stinky tennis shoes,


a day-old ham-and-cheese on rye,


a swimsuit that I left to dry,


a pencil that glows in the dark,


some bubble gum found in the park,


a paper bag with cookie crumbs,


an old kazoo that barely hums,


a spelling test I almost failed,


a letter that I should have mailed,


and one more thing, I must confess,


a note from teacher: Clean This Mess!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment